Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I Love Rock 'n' Roll (Marathon Series)

Showing off our bling
For those of you who don’t know, I’m a proponent of the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon Series. I ran my first half marathon and Rock 'n' Roll race at the inaugural Chicago event in 2009 and was instantly hooked. Two races down (Dallas and Denver, both inaugural events as well) and I’m eager to find another. I've had my sights set on the Las Vegas race coming in December. This year the race is going to take place later in the evening, something I've always wanted to do, but no official plans have been made yet (I still need to convince Stu that we should train for another half this year).

2009 RNR Chicago
Why do I love Rock 'n' Roll?
The energy and excitement surrounding road races is a great way to keep me motivated on a long run, throw in some music and you've got a winning combination. The Rock 'n' Roll races become enjoyable enough that you almost forget your running 13.1 miles (or for those over achiever runners, the full 26.2). Not to mention the sweet schwag you get for participating.

Going along with my goal to run a race in all 50 states and all 7 continents, you can imagine my extreme excitement over the announcement that Rock 'n' Roll will be taking their race series overseas. First stop, Edinburgh, Scotland. As if the Rock 'n' Roll series could get any better after their addition of triathlons, TriRock.

Sadly, I don't think I will be making it over to Scotland for their inaugural race in April, my excitement has not been squandered though. I only hope that they continue to spread across the pond adding more stops on their European tour. Could a world wide tour be in the works? I sure hope so, count this groupie in!

No comments:

Post a Comment