Saturday, August 13, 2011

Six Miles of Hills

It's time to step up my game, less than a month left until half marathon No.1. I bumped my mileage up to six miles this weekend to push me a little bit closer to the 13.1 mile mark before the race.

I set out on my run early afternoon Saturday, hitting the road before the temp. got above 80 degrees. Pretty much the only direction from where I live in which to run is up, so off I went to head for the hills and run the trails in the industrial area of Interlocken.

Top of hill #1 at the Rocky Mtn Airport.
What goes up must come down, unfortunately the downhill ended much faster than the agonizing trip up.
...and back up the hill.
Really? Who thought this was a good idea?!?


Finally, the top of the last hill. Down hill the whole way home, what a relief.
My six miles of HELL hills proved to be challenging, but a good training run. It's always better when it's over though, right?

More hiking fun tomorrow, Yay! Hope I'm not too sore from the hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment