Thursday, October 27, 2011

Afterwork Delight

I'm normally not an after 5 p.m. runner, but sometimes you have to make exceptions.

Lately, I've been getting into the bad habit of staying up to late and not getting up early enough to run (which I could so easily use Stu as my excuse, it's hard to resist the urge to stay in bed when he's snuggled up with our dogs under the blankets). Not to mention, the sun isn't up until I'm headed to work either.

Why on Earth would I want to come out from under my warm covers to go run in freezing temperatures...damn you snow (just kidding, please continue so we have a full ski season)!

So, I've committed to hitting the gym after work. Unfortunately, the sun is down by the time I get home (I'm beginning to understand the reason why so many people are affected by SAD), which leaves me no choice but to hit the hell that is the treadmill.

Two nights in a row. Success! Just a quick three miles tonight and a leg circuit that sure to have me walking like a penguin in the morning:

Three sets of  10 reps of lunges, squats and calf raises back to back, with 0:45 rest between each set.

What keeps you fit when the temps get cold? I'll be needing some tips to keep from getting sick of the mill.

No comments:

Post a Comment