Thursday, October 6, 2011

Breaking the Silence

Well, it's been a while since I've posted.

What you missed while I was gone:

- Stu and I finished our first half as Colorado residents, that makes four total now.

- #5 is coming up this Sunday as we make a repeat appearance at the second annual Rock N Roll Denver half.

Needless to say, my updates have been lackluster due to the break in training. I hate to use the excuse 'I'm too busy,' so I'll simply say I had my eye on alternate priorities (grad school, the new puppy, training the new puppy to not bark when I'm trying to sleep).

Our training has taken a steep decline, down to three runs a week including a long run on Saturdays, but I don't feel nearly as ready for this race as I have in the past. I've had a hard time fully adjusting to the elevation and my full schedule.

I'm not here to make excuses, simply that I'm back in the saddle, err, running shoes and have gone mobile.

Getting back to regular runs and will be setting my sites a little lower for upcoming races, bumping down to the 10k's again.

I've cone out of the dark ages and have downloaded blogger to my phone, so you can finally expect more posts and exciting updates as I get back into more speed work and less of the same looooonnggg runs. There will still be a few. Is it weird that in excited to hit the track?

No comments:

Post a Comment